Earlier this month, the National Sporting Clays Association (NSCA) kicked off the 2020 Championship Tour Powered by Winchester with the North Central Regional at Northbrook Sports Club near Chicago, Ill. The National Sporting Clays Association touts itself as the largest sporting clays association in the world, and functions as a governing body for the sport in the United States.
Despite the delayed start, many of the best sporting clays shooters in the U.S. attended this first stop on the tour. Team Winchester was represented by shooters Anthony Matarese, Desirae Edmunds, as well as two-time NSCA national champion and current titleholder Zach Kienbaum. As the dust settled, Matarese was named the American Field Sporting 75-target event champion. Additionally, Edmunds dominated the field as Preliminary Ladies champion, Ladies 5-Stand champion and also finished third in the Super Sporting Ladies category.
The North Central Regional is the first of several events taking place across the country this summer and fall on the 2020 NSCA Championship Tour Powered by Winchester. Check out the full schedule below.
- Aug. 5-9. North Central Regional. Northbrook Sports Club (Ill.)
- Aug. 19-23. Northeast Regional. Hopkins Game Farm (Md.)
- Sept. 2-6. South Central Regional. Greater Houston Sports Club (Texas)
- Sept. 30-Oct. 4. Western Regional. Clark County Shooting Complex (Nev.)
- Oct. 17-25. National Championship. National Shooting Complex (Texas)
- Dec. 9-13. Southeast Regional. South Florida Shooting Club (Fla.)
For more information, visit nssa-nsca.org.
See more: Winchester Sponsors National Sporting Clays Association Championship Tour