Bianchi Cup 2022 registration is now available via the Practiscore website. Similar to last year, the 2022 Bianchi Cup National Action Pistol Championship will be a two-day tournament. Competitors will be divided into four divisions: Metallic, Production, Production Optic and Open.
The schedule (subject to change) is as follows:
- Tuesday, May 24, 12:00 – 5:00 p.m. Registration and equipment check
- Wednesday, May 25 – 8:00 a.m. Championship day 1
- Thursday, May 26 – 8:00 a.m. Championship day 2
- Friday, May 27 – Tiebreaker shoot-offs and awards BBQ (1:00 p.m.)
The bulletinX email newsletter administered by Julie Golob shared some important info regarding this year's match:
If you’re interested in shooting on a team this year, you’ll want to check the appropriate box and register early. In 2021, last minute team entries were not accepted and teams not awarded. Will we see a social, more side events, a fun shoot-off? As we learn more, we’ll share along with dates and details for other majors. Stay tuned and here’s to an exciting 2022!
The NRA National Action Pistol Championship is open to all U.S. citizens, and non-U.S. citizens who are members in good standing of their respective National Shooting Federations. Total entries are limited to 256 competitors.
Last year, with a score of 1920-182X, pro shooter and Team Ruger Captain Doug Koenig won the Bianchi Cup for an unprecedented 19th time. He was followed closely by Bruce Piatt, who also garnered a perfect 1920 score but lost in the X-count.
Below is a list of the 2022 Bianchi Cup match officials:
- Match Director: Pat Cooper
- Chief Referee: Don Martin
- Range Director: John Huber
- Range Engineer: Tim Cooper
- Statistical Officer: George Mowbray
- Match Coordinator: Darren Maher
To register for the 2022 Bianchi Cup, go to this link.
Read more: Doug Koenig Wins 2021 Bianchi Cup