Developed by Hornady, the 6.5 PRC (PRC stands for Precision Rifle Cartridge) is a magnum version of the 6.5 Creedmoor, offering precision accuracy with a flatter trajectory and higher impact velocity. Sauer is the first European manufacturer to work with Hornady to have rifles available for consumers chambered in 6.5 PRC.
The new Sauer S100 6.5 PRC rifles will be distributed in the USA by Blaser. Common features for the different configurations are a single-stage, user-adjustable trigger (2.2-4.2 pounds); 3-position safety, and smooth action bolt. The entire line-up offer not only budget-friendly options, but also models with upgraded components suitable for competition.
One S100 6.5 PRC configuration long-range shooters should take note of is the Fieldshoot (pictured at top) that includes an adjustable, ergonomic laminated wood stock, along with a match-grade, 24-inch barrel and a tactical cone bolt knob. The stock is adjustable for length of pull, vertical height and cheek piece, and the dark-oiled color is quite gorgeous. Factor in the bipod attachment point, sculpted pistol grip and other premium features, this would make a great rifle for F-Class and benchrest competition, or any precision rifle discipline for that matter.
Here's a rundown of the different S100 configurations along with pricing.
- S100 Ceratech—black synthetic stock, grey-ice cerakoted steel receiver, 24-inch barrel. MSRP: $899.
- S100 Cherokee—digi-camo soft-touch synthetic stock, tundra green cerakoted steel receiver, 24-inch barrel, cerakoted bolt knob. MSRP: $1,100.
- S100 Atacama—digi-camo soft-touch synthetic stock, desert sand cerakoted steel receiver with attachment options, 24-inch barrel, cerakoted bolt knob. MSRP: $1,200-$1,300.
- S100 Pantera—matte black laminated wood stock adjustable for LOP, vertical height and cheek piece, black recon cerakoted steel receiver, 22-inch fluted barrel, tactical cone bolt knob, bipod adapter. MSRP: $1,600.
- S100 Fieldshoot—dark oiled laminated wood stock adjustable for LOP, vertical height and cheek piece, matte blued steel receiver, 24-inch match barrel, tactical cone bolt knob, bipod adapter. MSRP: $1,600.
The new rifles represent a great value for those seeking a rifle not only for competitive shooting, but also for hunting medium to large game. Learn more at JPSauer-USA.com