USA Shooting trapshooting athletes earned four medals at the 2023 International Shooting Sports Federation Rabat Shotgun World Cup, bringing the shotgun team’s total medal count to nine.
The competition took place January 11-24 in Rabat, Morocco.
Trapshooters that earned medals at the 2023 ISSF Rabat Shotgun World Cup are listed below.
- Rachel Tozier: bronze in Women’s Trap
- Rachel Tozier and Derrick Mein: gold in Mixed Team Trap
- Rachel Tozier, Aeriel Skinner and Julia Stallings: gold in Women’s Trap Team
- Derek Mein, Derek Haldeman and Will Hinton: bronze in Men’s Trap Team
Tozier, a sergeant in the U.S. Army Marksmanship Unit, earned a medal in each event she competed in.
“It feels absolutely amazing,” Tozier said. “I’m proud to be able to represent the United States and the Army at overseas events and I’m looking forward to the rest of the year.”
The skeet athletes competed first and earned medals in the following:
- Kimberly Rhode: gold in Women’s Skeet
- Katie Jacob and Conner Prince: gold in Mixed Skeet Team
- Dania Vizzi and Christian Elliott: silver in Mixed Skeet Team
- Christian Elliott, Conner Prince and Dustan Taylor: gold in Men’s Skeet Team
- Kimberly Rhode, Katie Jacob and Dania Vizzi: silver in Women’s Skeet Team
For all official results of the 2023 ISSF Shotgun World Cup Rabat, go to the ISSF website.
Up next for the shotgun team is the 2023 spring selection match in Tucson, Ariz., February 3-8.
Learn more about USA Shooting at usashooting.org.