- Small paintbrush—to brush away dust.
- Blitz cloth—“I don’t even know if they make them anymore.”
- Patches and a little ramrod.
- Speed loader.
- Hoppe’s—“How can you get along without Hoppe’s? They’ve survived for years for a reason.”
- Safety glasses and earplugs.
You’ve probably noticed his unconventional homemade earplugs, which are made of expanded 9mm shell casings with “little softies.” He said, “I put the softies in the end of a 9mm shell casing. I add a little saliva and then put them in. I look like I have bullets in my ears.”
And what about cleaning? With a little sparkle in his eyes, he answered: “I go home and hand my guns to my wife to clean. She gets right on that, right after she does my golf shoes … I sure wish. That’s a guy fantasy thing.”