The 2017 NRA World Shooting Championship presented by Kimber will be held at the Peacemaker National Training Center in Glengary, WV, September 14-16. This is the fourth consecutive year the championship will be conducted at Peacemaker to crown the “Undisputed World Shooting Champion.”
Competitors are split into two divisions: professional and amateur. Something you may not know is that 60 percent of participants shoot in the amateur division. The total prize schedule is expected to exceed $250,000―and the 2017 winner will receive a check for $25,000. Additionally, the NRA dedicates a prize table solely for amateurs, which this year should top $100,000.
NRA has included courses of fire that will challenge even the best shooters during the three-day event. The 12 championship stages represent disciplines from action shooting, rimfire, shotgun and everything in between (except muzzleloaders).
Director of NRA Competitive Shooting Cole McCulloch said: “Once again, professionals and amateurs alike will journey to West Virginia to compete for the greatest title in all of competitive shooting―the ‘Undisputed World Shooting Champion.’ We hope that this championship will be a display of good sportsmanship and a true test of marksmanship skills.”
No guns or ammo are needed for this match. Sponsors provide all the equipment necessary for competitors to participate. Below is the most current stage breakdown:
- Stage 1 – Cowboy Action – Single Action Revolver in .45 Colt, Carbine Rifle in .45 Colt, Hammer Coach 12-gauge shotgun.
- Stage 2 – NRA Precision Pistol – Semi-automatic pistol in .45 ACP with iron sights.
- Stage 3 – NRA Action Pistol Falling Plates – Semi-automatic pistol in 9 mm with iron sights.
- Stage 4 – USPSA – Semi-automatic 9 mm pistol with reflex sights.
- Stage 5 – 3-Gun – AR-platform rifle in .223/5.56 with optical sight; semi-automatic 12-gauge shotgun with iron sights; semi-automatic 9 mm pistol with iron sights.
- Stage 6 – Five Stand Shotgun – Semi-automatic 12-gauge shotgun.
- Stage 7 – Wobble Clays – 12-gauge shotgun.
- Stage 8 – .22 Rimfire Challenge – Semi-automatic rimfire rifle in .22LR with red dot optic.
- Stage 9 – NRA 2-Gun – Semi-automatic pistol in 9 mm with iron sights and AR-15 platform rifle .223/5.56 with optical sight.
- Stage 10 – DMR Challenge – AR-platform semi-automatic rifle in .308 Win. with optical sight.
- Stage 11 – PRS Long Range Challenge – Bolt-action rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor or .260 Rem. with optical sight.
- Stage 12 – America’s Rifle Challenge – AR-platform rifle in .223/5.56 and/or an AR-platform rifle in .308 Win.; both with optical sights.
With 100 of the 300 openings already filled, we highly suggest you register now to reserve a spot! Not only will you be vying for one of the best award lineups around, but also the opportunity to meet and compete shoulder-to-shoulder with some of the most highly-respected professional shooters in the world.
Email [email protected] or visit wsc.nra.org for more information.