Thanks to this program, the SSSF has provided over $200,000 in scholarships over the last four years to assist high school seniors in pursuing higher education. The main objective is to award as many scholarships as possible to qualifying SCTP/SASP graduating seniors.
The SSSF has established guidelines for the selection procedure to make the final selections as simple as possible.
- Each applicant must be a graduating senior within the year of the awarded scholarship and must be registered for college before the scholarship is awarded in that same year.
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA through the most recent grading period ending on or before April 1, 2017.
- Each prospective recipient must be registered as a full-time college student before the scholarship is awarded and must provide the name of the post-secondary college or community/ junior college to receive the scholarship proceeds. Each scholarship check will be mailed to the appropriate college in the student’s name by October 1, The scholarship funds are to be used for tuition, fees, etc. This is a one-time, non-renewable scholarship.
- Applicants may not be in receipt of any “full” scholarship funds in order to qualify (i.e., athletics, military academy, academic, etc.).
- Applicants must have participated during 2016-2017 in one of their SCTP/SASP State Championships, National Championships, or regional events in Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays, or Olympic Bunker; Olympic Skeet Championships, Pistol or Rifle.
The application deadline is April 17. Apply now using the online application form at sssfonline.org.