This year's Industry Day at the Range at SHOT Show 2020 featured a bevy of new ammunition choices, including a new offering from Winchester expanding upon the venerable AA shotshell. American Rifleman Editor in Chief Mark Keefe spoke to Winchester Ammunition Product Manager Ben Frank about the new AA Diamond Grade ammunition line that debuted this week. Watch the video from Industry Day at the top of this article.
Put simply, Winchester AA Diamond Grade is the standard AA shell, but taken to the next level. Loaded with precision sorted, copper-plated 8 percent antimony lead shot; the increase in the antimony component keeps the shot both harder and rounder. To put this in perspective, the average target load has about 2 percent antimony. Winchester says "the pattern density and performance with this product is unmatched."
Remaining unchanged is the much-heralded AA wad, which aid in reducing recoil. And, the high nickel-plated head will certainly help with any feeding issues.
There are four options in the AA Diamond Grade Line with 1-ounce and 1⅛-ounce weights available. Learn more at winchester.com.
See more SHOT Show 2020 coverage:
- WATCH: Jerry Miculek Speed Shooting With New Mossberg 940 JM Pro Shotgun
- WATCH: Trijicon Ventus Showcases Advanced Handheld Wind-Mapping, Range-Detection
- WATCH: Doug Koenig Interview At SHOT Show 2020
- WATCH: Bergara B14 R Rimfire Rifle
- New: Magpul Defiant Eyewear
- 5 Hot New Guns from SIG Sauer
- New: Federal Syntech Range .38 Special
- New: Berger 6.5mm 144-Grain Long-Range Hybrid Target Bullets