“The Ladies for Liberty Shooting Camp is a great way for women of all experience levels and backgrounds to meet other women who are interested in the shooting sports,” said Sheila Hoekstra, one of the camp’s coaches who is also a competitive shooter and certified NRA instructor. “The atmosphere helps women feel like they can ask anything, enabling them to learn more effectively and erasing the stereotype of shooting sports as a male-only hobby.”
Ladies for Liberty will take place at Hillsdale College’s John A. Halter Shooting Sports Education Center, a 105-acre, state-of–the-art training facility just five miles from the Hillsdale main campus. An enrollment fee of $1,200 covers lodging, meals, lectures, and receptions at the Dow Conference Center on the Hillsdale College campus, as well as all lessons held at the Halter Shooting Sports Education Center.
Training topics at Ladies for Liberty include:
- An introduction to handgun function and operation led by competitive shooter and certified NRA Instructor Sheila Hoekstra.
- Seminar on the Constitution from a Hillsdale College faculty member.
- Self-defense at home and away.
- Comparison of semi-automatic pistols and revolvers.
- How to select self-defense accessories.
- Refuse to be a Victim course.
- An introduction to clay-target shooting led by Halter Shooting Center Range Master Bart Spieth.
Shooters ages 21 and up are welcome. Light-recoiling handguns will be available. Attendees may bring their own firearms upon advance approval by event staff.
For more information, visit www.hillsdale.edu/ladies-for-liberty, or to enroll, contact Bart Spieth at [email protected], or Kim Gehrke at [email protected].