Here's more load data and pricing for the three new Federal Shorty Shotshell SKUs.
- 12-gauge, 1¾-inch, 15-pellet No. 4 buck, 1200 fps. $11.95 for a 10-count box.
- 12-gauge, 1¾-inch, 1-ounce rifled slug, 1200 fps. $11.95 for a 10-count box.
- 12-gauge, 1¾-inch, 15/16-ounce No. 8 shot, 1145 fps. $5.95 for a 10-count box.
Federals says the Shorty Shotshells function best in break-action or single-shot shotguns.
[Editors’s note: Some shotgun manufacturers make pump-action guns and semi-automatics that are specifically designed to run shortys or mini-shells. There are also some aftermarket adaptors. Basically, not all shotguns can run these shells effectively right now. Do your homework on what will work or not.]
Visit FederalPremium.com for more information.
More SHOT Show 2019 coverage:
- WATCH: Bergara Premier Series Ridgeback Rifle
- WATCH: Walther Q5 Steel Frame
- SHOT Show 2019: Field Editor Art Merrill’s Top 5 Picks
- WATCH: Team SIG Sets Speed Shooting World Record
- WATCH: Ruger Custom Shop Doug Koenig SR1911
- Preview: Federal Syntech PCC 9mm Ammo
- WATCH: Savage MSR-10 Precision Rifle
- New: Winchester USA Ready Select Grade Ammunition
- Leupold Manufactured More Scopes Last Year Than Ever Before
- SHOT Show 2019: Trainshot Electronic Training System