The shooting schedule was adjusted slightly to include days off for staff and to give competitors time to register or travel between events. The Indiana National Guard is going all out to make your stay at Camp Atterbury a memorable one.
The following schedule is in place:
- July 7 – First Shot Ceremony followed by a 50-shot Indiana Governor’s Match, Welcome BBQ
- July 8 – Whistler Boy and 2nd Amendment Team Matches
- July 9 – Rumbold/Enlisted/RNDC Team Matches
- July 10-13 – Across the Course Individual and Awards Ceremony
- July 14 – Side matches available: America’s Rifle Challenge and NRA 2-Gun
- July 15-18 – Mid-Range Individual; four days of 300/500/600
- July 19 – Mid-Range Teams; 300/500/600
- July 20 – Side match available: One Mile Club
- July 21 – Remington Trophy and Mustin Trophy, 1000 yard matches; shoot-off
- July 22 – Leech Cup/Porter Trophy/Andrus Trophy Matches; Roumanian Team; shoot-off
- July 23 – Wimbledon Cup/Farr Trophy/Doc Aiken Trophy matches; Herrick Team; shoot-off
- July 24 – Palma Individual
- July 25 – Palma Team
Following the completion of the Across the Course matches, competitors will have a day to travel to Camp Perry should they desire to attend the Small Arms Firing School and compete in the CMP National Trophy Matches. Similarly, Smallbore Prone competitors will have a day of travel get to Camp Atterbury to compete in the Mid-Range Prone and Long-Range Prone matches.
We continue to work on bringing in vendors and have space set aside for them. In addition, there will be ranges available for vendors who would like to have you demo fire their products.
The NRA will honor the Governor of Indiana and the First Lady, Eric and Janet Holcomb, with a special match following the Opening Ceremony. Governor and Mrs. Holcomb are both NRA Life Members. Following this match there will be a welcoming BBQ.
We are also hosting side events of America’s Rifle Challenge, an action based AR-style course of fire, and NRA 2-Gun, another action based course of fire using both a rifle and a pistol. Your AR match rifle will work fine—but don’t forget to bring your pistol and ammo too. We are working on some nice prizes for these events.
A new club will open up within the NRA, the One Mile Club. Details are still being worked out on the exact requirements—but this will be your opportunity to shoot at a target at the range of one mile. Range 3 has a firing point at 1760 yards for our use. The requirements will be completed shortly and we look forward to having you try your hand at Extreme Long-Range shooting.
Other side matches might be added as sponsors become available.
Online registration is scheduled to open beginning February 21 at this link: competitions.nra.org/campperrysignup.