Team Winchester traveled to the beautiful Covey Rise Gun Club in Louisiana earlier this month, competing in the latest National Sporting Clays Association Championship Tour regional event, Powered by Winchester. Desirae Edmunds, Connor Daniel and Joe Fanizzi led the way, shooting consistently throughout the event.
The match was held September 12-17 and had 571 shooters in attendance.
Daniel won yet another Sub-Junior Main event and was locked in on some of the toughest targets on the course with a score of 177. Fanizzi shot well throughout the week long event and finished as the runner-up with 182. As for Edmunds, she was a consistent force in every event, winning the Ladies FITASC title by five targets, and securing runner-up in the Winchester Ladies All-Around for the event with a score of 339.
Team Winchester placements at the match included the below.
- Connor Daniel: Main Event Sub-Junior Champion, Super Sporting Sub-Junior Champion and Five-Stand Sub-Junior Champion
- Desi Edmunds: Ladies FITASC Champion, Ladies Preliminary Champion and Ladies Five-Stand Runner-Up
- Joe Fanizzi: Main Event Runner-Up, FITASC Third Place, FITASC Junior Champion and Five-Stand Junior Runner-Up
Winchester Ladies Cup placements included the following.
- Champion: Karen Miles-339
- Runner-Up: Desirae Edmunds -339
- Third Place: Shelby Moon-336
A full assortment of Winchester AA shotshell ammunition was available to all registered competitors at the 2023 National Sporting Clays Association South Central Regional. A major thank you to Covey Rise Gun Club for hosting and managing the event.
The season finale takes place this October in San Antonio, Texas, at the 2023 NSCA National Championship where a new National Champion and Winchester Ladies Cup Champion will be crowned.
See the full results of the 2023 NSCA South Central Regional at the Score Chaser website.
Learn more about Team Winchester at winchester.com.