There were several new rimfire product introductions at SHOT Show 2020, chief among them the new Clean-22 Steel Challenge offering from CCI. Similar to the original Clean-22 rounds that we covered in 2019, now you can have your favorite .22 LR cartridge with polymer-coated bullets and support the USPSA Steel Challenge all at the same time. This is because the high-velocity red Clean-22 round is the new official ammunition of Steel Challenge.
CCI Clean-22 launched last year with three .22 LR options for subsonic in blue, high velocity (supersonic) in red and another high velocity in pink. All three loads have a 40-grain round nose lead bullet and are sold in 100-count, clear-sided boxes. The CCI Clean-22 Steel Challenge box distinguishes itself by including the Steel Challenge logo.
The high-velocity Clean-22 Steel Challenge round includes the aforementioned 40-grain round nose lead bullet that's polymer coated, which CCI says reduces lead fouling to a large degree in gun barrels. At 1,235 fps from the muzzle, the Clean-22 supersonic red cartridge is ideal for semi-automatic rimfire sports such as Steel Challenge.
MSRP is $10.99 per 100-round box. Learn more at cci-ammunition.com.
See more SHOT Show 2020 coverage:
- WATCH: Jerry Miculek Speed Shooting With New Mossberg 940 JM Pro Shotgun
- WATCH: Winchester AA Diamond Shotshells
- WATCH: Trijicon Ventus Showcases Advanced Handheld Wind-Mapping, Range-Detection
- WATCH: Doug Koenig Interview At SHOT Show 2020
- WATCH: Bergara B14 R Rimfire Rifle
- WATCH: Winchester's New 350 Legend Offerings
- New: Magpul Defiant Eyewear
- 5 Hot New Guns from SIG Sauer
- New: Federal Syntech Range .38 Special
- New: Berger 6.5mm 144-Grain Long-Range Hybrid Target Bullets
- Magpul Introduces New DAKA Products At SHOT Show 2020
- New: Eley .22 LR Benchrest Semi-Automatic Ammo Line